Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Great book!


Summer book recommendation: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley. It is about a precocious eleven-year old, Flavia, who loves chemistry and solves mysteries. It is hilarious!! An easy read, so you'll be able to read it very quickly.

Here's a quote to sell it to you:

"Seed biscuits and milk! I hated Mrs. Mullet's seed biscuits the way Saint Paul hated sin. Perhaps even more so. I wanted to clamber up onto the table, and with a sausage on the end of a fork as my scepter, shout in my best Laurence Olivier voice, 'Will no one rid us of this turbulent pastry cook?' "

Anyway, that's my recommendation to you.

I'm almost done with my blasted PA school apps. And at the moment, it's looking like it'll be $945 to submit them all. I think I may throw out a few programs though.. we'll see. I guess it could be worse. I'm glad I'm not applying to med school.

Also, Miserere from Il Trovatore came up today. I love it. So beautiful!!

No comments: