Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Know That My Redeemer Lives

I wanted to share my beliefs on this Easter Sunday.


We came to this earth to learn and to be tested, that we could prove ourselves. However, we cannot live perfect lives, which obstructs us from returning to our Father in Heaven, for "no unclean thing can dwell with God" (The Book of Mormon 1 Nephi, 10:21). We die spiritually, as a result of our sins. So how do we return to God? Isaiah answers this question: " He [Christ] hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows . . . He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities . . . All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all. . . . Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 53:4-6; Isaiah 1:18). In 2 Corinthians 5:17, Paul continued, "If any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new." Through the sacred Atonement, we are forgiven of our sins and made clean, that we might enter into Heaven; thus our spiritual deaths are overcome. But the chains of physical death must also be broken. Thus, Christ was sent to be the Savior for all of mankind. He came to this Earth and was born into a mortal body so He could die. But He rose from the grave, breaking the bonds of death. He lives today, and with that, the knowledge that we will live again as well. He is my advocate and yours; As He and the Father are one, they share the same work: "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (The Pearl of Great Price Moses 1:39). I know that Christ is our Savior, that through His Atonement we can be forgiven of our sins and return to Heaven. I know Christ performs countless miracles in our lives, just as He did while living on the Earth. I am eternally indebted to Christ for providing a way for me to return to my Heavenly Father. I love my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, and I know that He loves me and you. May we remember the risen Lord today.



"Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood"
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing














I Believe in Christ (3rd, 4th verses)

3. I believe in Christ—my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod.
I’ll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.
I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
From Satan’s grasp he sets me free,
And I shall live with joy and love
In his eternal courts above.

4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I’ll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.”
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I’ll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men.


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. To learn more, go here
or feel free to email me with any questions you may have

No comments: