Friday, January 07, 2011

Some Recommendations for You

You know I like to give you recommendations. Because what I love you will love. Of course. So, here are a few I haven't mentioned. I tried to think of ones you may not have heard of.

MUSIC click on song for link:

Duffy. She has this raspy voice. Very sexy. Some songs I suggest: I'm Scared, Distant Dreamer, Warwick Avenue. While we're on sexy raspy voices, here are a few more: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by Amy Winehouse, John Legend, So Slow and Little Lies by Ari Hest

Coffeehouse songs: I'm Alright by Madeleine Peyroux, Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg, Blue Glasses by Smokey & Miho(fantastic, huh??), Now I Feel Better by Ayo, Wished You Were Here by Hayley Sales, Over the Rainbow by Melody Gardot, Taylor the Latte Boy by Kristin Chenoweth

Great covers: Coldplay's Yellow by Jem (piano at 3:09 is so beautiful), Coldplay's Scientist by Katelyn Epperly (her voice!), John Legend's Everybody Knows by Alex Lambert, and of course, you've probably heard Tom Petty's Free Fallin' by John Mayer.

Life is Great: Honey Tree by Mostar Diving Club, Never Forget You by The Noisettes, Cupcake by Nellie McKay (click on second song listed. I just love the transition at 0:50), Bruises by Chairlift, Night Vision Binoculars by Passenger (hilarious, listen to the lyrics), Gotta Have You by The Weepies

Simply love: Come Out of the Shade by The Perishers; Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine; Cold Water by Damien Rice (greatest when heard at end of to-be-listed-below movie, I Am David); I Dare You by Ali Milner; Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits; A Fine Frenzy; Moon River by Audrey Hepburn; Full Moon by Black Ghosts; French Navy by Camera Obscura; Here Come Those Eyes and When Did You Fall in Love With Me by Chris Rice; So Deep in Love by Joel Auge


BOOKS:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows: delightful, charming. LOVED it. Simply enchanting. Nice light read that is just fabulous

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: Pretty sure I've already recommended it, but really, it's amazing

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: this is what you're supposed to be like and what a family should be like. And it's amazing.

MOVIES:

I Am David: LOVE. Love love

The Man Who Knew Too Little: featuring Bill Murray, this movie is hilarious. Pretty sure I could quote the whole thing

Disney's The Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood: very funny, very clever. If it's been awhile, watch them; you'll be surprised how enjoyable they can be for adults




So it would have been easiest to make another grooveshark playlist, but too late. Give these all a try! Really, they're quite fantastic!

No comments: