Monday, November 14, 2011

Autumn!


"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."


Fantastic quote from best movie ever, "You've Got Mail."

Mmmmm I. LOVE. THE. FALL.

((keep in mind, Fall=days that are 40-75 degrees Fahrenheit))

Can you beat an overcast day? Where the world around you is saturated with a blue hue and happy-soaked air? My own contentment is full; it bubbles over into a smile I can't subdue.

All I want to do is come home and bake! Pie, soup, bread, cider. Turn on some Christmas music. Put on some thermals, a big fluffy sweater and thick, cabled sweater socks. Maybe a beanie. Or a Santa hat. And cuddle on the couch (sadly at this time in my life, I am also cuddling with the couch) with a blanket, a mug of soup or cocoa, and a delightful book. Turn on Debussy, and read away. With the window open and the clean air washing my skin. Nothing can beat it. Nothing!

No comments: