Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

WOW. BEAUTIFUL. I just finished The Book Thief. It's now alongside Little Women as my favorite book. I want to talk about the book, but I can't, I don't want to give any of it away! Because you're all going to read it. The characters.... I hate to see them go.

Yes, I do get too emotionally attached to books, to their characters, and to their writers

While we are on the subject of great books, does anyone else agree that your emotions are much more dramatic when reading a book? More than a movie, an opera, a song, a sculpture.. In the latter instances, emotions are watered down and diluted, but with a book, they're pure, raw, human heart

Just an observation. Anyway, go read it

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Would i like this book?

Elizabeth Berlin Busby said...

Um yes im going to read it!!!! im on the look our for a new book :D besides needing to also read the hunger games lol.....p.s. im mentioning you in my blog hehe

Morgan Laree said...

I think you both would like it a lot. I know the two of you would definitely appreciate the artistic writing style

And B, I'm pretty sure you'll love Hunger Games