Sunday, December 07, 2008

Here Goes

So, I believe life is all about people. In a world lit class I took this year, we read from The Analects, written by students of Confucius. My favorite part reads,

"It is a beautiful thing to live amidst humanity. To choose a dwelling place destitute of humanity is hardly wise."

There are many reasons we are on this earth, but Confucius and I believe people are one of them. I really believe one of my duties in this life is to build friendships, to love, to be a friend to those who need one, and to make others happy. I LOVE meeting new people. I can say with 100% honesty that it's one of my favorite things in this world. And the early stages of a relationship. I love deep conversations, especially with people I don't know incredibly well. I believe that once a new acquaintance and I talk about our lives, our thoughts, that then, and only then, we are friends. It is the best way to get to know someone—to know how they think and what they think about. So, here are some of the things I think about. Sometimes I love to spend hours on a perfectly worded piece, and other times, I just need to get something down. So here's to getting to know you better.... Or you getting to know me better, actually... Welcome to my mind :)

2 comments:

Britton said...

Well said, Morgan! I like your two posts so far! I'm glad you finally have a blog :)

Dave said...

"I love deep conversations, especially with people I don't know incredibly well."

I guess that explains the other night; talking to our entire apartment (plus Fred) until 3am.